A child once more!

My 4-year-old son Xavier excitedly ran to the the Pools Amphitheatre for Jurong Bird Park's debut screening of Yona Yona Penguin, a Japanese cartoon movie.

It was a special family outing because it was a rare opportunity to catch a movie outdoors in Singapore! My wife was initially not very keen because of the hot weather but it turned out to be as not bad as she thought.

My teenage niece was most excited as she's a great fan of animes and she helped to magnetise the atmosphere with her enthusiasm! I was happy simply because I was spending quality time with my family;)

Despite the initial sound system hiccups as well as the insufficient projector brightness, our imagination was kindled as we followed Koko in her fantasy adventure to save the Goblin Village.

The warm story reminded us of the tremendous influence we have on our kids as parents as well as the importance of seeing people beyond their appearances, and respecting everyone young and old.

In fact, Koko's innocence and caring personality brought back the lost child within us - the world would be a better place if there were only children...

Comments

Popular Posts