Catching People doing the Right Things

It's sad but unfortunately true that we tend to catch people doing the wrong things; this is especially true within the family.

How often do we find ourselves noticing and complaining that things are wrongly kept, dishes are left undone, clothes are not properly washed and appliances not switched off when not in use?


No doubt it is important to right the above wrongs but it is far more important to right the rights more often, i.e. catching people doing the right things and complimenting them. This is particularly true with kids because they need positive affirmations to establish a strong foundation for self-esteem and self-confidence.

But of course, it is not easy to do so especially if we have been catching people doing the wrong things for a while - I find it difficult too but I know that with perseverance and practice, it will become second nature!

So far, I've achieved some success already with my little boy Xavier and hopefully, I would be able to do the same for my dearest wife Lynn, especially when "words of affirmation" is one of her main love languages!

Comments

Popular Posts